Apple (AAPL) saw its shares jump into the record-high territory after its June-quarter earnings report. The consumer electronics giant surged to a market capitalization of over $2 trillion. But with a pullback in Apple stock, many investors are wondering if AAPL stock news is a buy right now. First, it ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II. Then it has reinvented the PC in the 1980s with the Macintosh. It has a winning streak of innovations that are included the iMac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, iPad, and the App Store.
Apple Stock News: iPhone 12 Debuts
- This is a Calif.-based company that began selling the 5G-enabled iPhone 12 series. The handsets have display sizes of 5.4, 6.1, and 6.7 inches and starting prices ranging from $699 to $1,099.
- In addition to ultrafast 5G wireless connectivity, the 14th-generation iPhones have improved cameras, speedier processors, and a new design. The Pro models of the iPhone 12 are having a new rear-facing lidar scanner.
- It will permit depth sensing for photo and video applications that are including faster autofocus in lowlight situations.
- Apple introduced the iPhone 12 along with the HomePod Mini smart speaker at an online event on Oct. 13. However, investors were unimpressed. Apple stock fell 2.7% on the day of the iPhone 12 debut.
- Analysts are expecting the company to introduce its first Mac computers running Apple-designed processors instead of chips from Intel (INTC).
Apple Opportunities For Growth
- With iPhone growth slowing, investors are wondering what the next big growth driver will be for Apple stock.
- Apple’s services revenue rose 16% to $14.5 billion. Services include App Store, AppleCare, iCloud, Apple Pay, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and other offerings.
- Meanwhile, Apple’s Wearables, Home and Accessories unit saw sales increase 21% in the September quarter. This unit is including wearables like the Apple Watch, AirPods wireless earbuds, and Beats headphones.
Apple Earnings: Beat And No Guidance
- On Oct. 29, AAPL stock news delivered better-than-expected September-quarter results. Apple has earned 73 cents a share on sales of $64.7 billion in its fiscal fourth quarter ended Sept. 26.
- Analysts are having predicted earnings of 70 cents a share on sales of $63.7 billion. Apple has earnings fell 4% while sales rose 1%.
- Mac sales have surged 29% to $9 billion and iPad tablet sales have jumped 46% to $6.8 billion. The work-from-home and school-at-home are trending driven by the Covid-19 pandemic fueled the gains in both product categories.
- Apple did not issue guidance for the December quarter, citing market uncertainties related to the coronavirus pandemic.
You can check the releases of AAPL stock at https://www.webull.com/releases/nasdaq-aapl. Disclaimer: The analysis information is for reference only and does not constitute an investment recommendation.